Small Business Law
As an employer, it is necessary to establish policies and procedures concerning the conduct of your employees. It is also important to establish guidelines for discipline and termination. Don’t find your business inadvertently setting the stage for a claim of discrimination due to inadequate procedures and monitoring of workplace conduct.
We can provide:
- Disciplinary procedures
- Personnel handbooks
- Defense of CHRO and other discrimination claims
- Sexual harassment training
- Employer/employee mediation
- Contract drafting and review
It is also important to know when to offer an employee a written contract and what it should include. Examples of items in an employee contract are:
- Confidentiality and trade secret protection
- Non-compete clauses
- Liquidated damages and binding arbitration
- Standards of performance
- Termination provisions
Thank you for visiting our site. If you are looking for small business assistance, please contact us at 203-281-1717.