Divorce with Dignity: Helping divorcing couples resolve their differences in a dignified and respectful manner. Advocacy not Adversity is what collaborative divorce is all about.
Collaborative Divorce is a fast growing discipline for addressing family law issues in a non-adversarial manner. This method is particularly beneficial to families with children. The spouses/parents are committed to reaching solutions that will enable them to uncouple and form new family units without the fear of revenge tactics. Special attention is paid to the emotional aspects of dissolution. The parties reach solutions that they have created, rather than having decisions forced upon them. In the Interdisciplinary approach, Attorney Zito works with other professionals who, as a team, help guide family members to resolve legal, financial, and emotional issues.
The Collaborative Divorce Team is made up of the two parties, an attorney for each party and a neutral mental health professional, a neutral mental health specialist for the children, and a neutral financial specialist.
The benefits of collaborative divorce are as follows:
- Highly qualified professionals to assist them in addressing legal, financial, and emotional needs
- Focus on creating solutions rather than creating more problems
- Emotional issues are acknowledged and addressed so that clear-headed decisions can be made
- Spouses control the outcome, not judges and the legal system
- Children have a voice in the process Their needs are foremost in the process
- Children are shielded from parental conflict
- Their concerns are relayed to parents by a neutral professional.
To learn more about an exciting new development click on The Close. The Close offers all of the benefits of Collaborative Divorce and negotiations are conducted in a two-day time frame in a resort setting. You’ll have the chance to fix your costs, deliberate and plan with your team without having to travel and to take time off for a massage or walk on the beach…
Thank you for visiting our site. If you are looking for collaborative divorce assistance, please contact Louise Zito at 203-281-1717.